Tuesday, February 16, 2010

trash

This evening (ok, several nights ago), my three-year old daughter pulled an empty kitchen trash bag from its box under the kitchen counter. She proceeded to leave it on the floor, where it sat for about an hour. During out post-dinner clean-up, she picked it up, showed it to me, and asked me "Is this trash?" Three hours later, I still do not know how to answer that question. Surely, it is trash because we throw it in the garbage can on a regular bases; surely, it's not because, well, it's a perfectly good (and empty) trash bag.

Is a trash bag, trash?

I feel that there is a Truth buried somewhere in the answer to this question, a metaphorical Truth relating to the professional space. Something about usefulness, purpose, and duty; however, tonight my sinuses are inflamed to the point where I cannot think through the haze. So, I turn this post over to you, dear reader.

Can you see the Truth here? Can you solve this quandry? If so, please let me know. I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions/metaphors because it really has my head spinning.

shanti,
mjh

No comments: