Thursday, February 7, 2008

a storybook story

During this week of football games, tornadoes, political primaries, and Mardi Gras, I find myself thinking about The Princess Bride. What is the connection? Well, there isn't one, at least not one that I will detail here. Suffice it to say that Fred Savage was young, Andre was still alive, and a boy learns not to mind kissing "so much." My old Hillwood friends have brought this movie back to life for me, and I guess that's a good thing.

Speaking of movies, has anyone ever seen Being Human (Robin Williams)? It is my favorite movie of all time; I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who feels this way. Why is that? Check it out if you haven't seen it. Then let me know if you enjoyed it or whether I just have no taste in movies.

hector: Everything is going to be alright.
janet: What do you mean is going to be? This is a good as it gets.


shanti,
mjh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I have always hated the princess bride. Not really sure why.... but i think that it is because it is a movie that teenage girls love to quote. Now that we are living here... i also find myself liking it. It was filmed here... and we can see the cliffs of insanity from our house. how cool is that?


"Have fun storming the castle!"