Thursday, July 10, 2008

listen up

so, i don't know if anyone out there keeps up with my playlist (bottom of the page), but i do, and i guess that matters. i finally took the time to clean it up a bit. The beauty of project playlist is that you can post/share a playlist and listen to it for free; the downside is that people move/delete their music files all of the time, leading to broken links, etc.

A notable addition is one of my all time favorite songs. i feel kinda bad singling one song out b/c i love every one of them, but if you have never heard "When I was a Boy" by Dar Williams, do yourself a favor, and check it out. i moved it to the top of the list to make it easy for you.

And i have finally put some funk into my playlist. You generally wouldn't know this, but i love funk music. If Funk were running for president, it would be a no-brainer. If Funk were hiring, I'd work for free. Basically, if Funk said to jump off of a bridge, this would be my last blog post. Perhaps I will make a totally funk playlist someday soon, and we can all just chill out and breathe.

For now, however, feel free to hang out and listen to some good music. Just be prepared for whiplash. The playlist has been built over several months and I have gone through several mood shifts in that time.

shanti,
mjh

2 comments:

mel said...

i saw george clinton and paralament funkadelic for the 4th of july. that was enough funk to last me for a while!

Unknown said...

There is no funk like P-funk. and there is no development like Arrested Development.