Wednesday, April 16, 2008

my friends and their hundreds

Many of my friends have posted their 100 things, either on my blog or on their own. I find these utterly fascinating and am speaking to some of my personal highlights:

Melissa:
18. i'm jealous of siblings
--I think of this statement often when considering whether to have another child or not.
27. i love fireworks more than anything in the world
--this, I did not know. I have always wanted to look down on them from a plane. We should do this sometime.
54. i still sing puppet songs in my head
--it's a disease, and we all have it.
65. i like to get into a good stare
--This is brilliant
81. i have a story for every thing and every situation
--and it makes you a great friend.


Don:
9) I have played on the same stages as The Ramones, Motorhead, GWAR and many other famous musicians.
--and Kevn Kinney! One of the best nights ever.
14) I’ve been w/ the same woman (the love of my life) for over 10 years.
--and I miss you both terribly...
23) Saw Matt cheat at LIFE once.
--unfortunately, that is true. I don't think I even won.
25) I can name a heavy metal band for every letter in the alphabet.
--you ever written this down? I would love to see it.
87) I love long conversations with friends about music, religion and politics.
--nothing like discussing life, love, and the meaning of the universe at the Huddle House right after a killer Poison show.

Wallace:
10. I’m still impressed/touched that so many of my old high school friends came down for my wedding.
--that was a really great weekend.
47. I would go back and re-do high school. Mainly because I would do a lot of things differently…
--I'd be intrigued to see the "other" high-school Wallace. I think you did pretty well the first time around.
49. My hair has never been as long as it is right now… I can’t decide if I want to cut it or just let it go really long.
--let it grow. I miss the long-hair Wallace I knew in middle school.
65. I desire to really read… but I rarely have/make the time to.
--You, me, and Melissa should try one of those virtual book clubs. Maybe peer pressure would help us make time.
67. I’ve kept fish ever since I worked in the pet department of Wal-mart when I was in high school.
--I miss being able to go to the Mart and hang out with you.

Jaime:
5. I will always have a special place in my heart for Edwin McCain, even though his career makes me sad.
--We will always have our goofy picture by the car
12. I love looking back on my life and wondering whether God was using some of it to make other parts make more sense.
--I like this exercise
29. It freaks me out when I agree with Rick and Bubba.
--Me, too, but I listen to them every morning...
35. I used to make up dreams when I was falling asleep.
--I had forgotten this; I love this about you.
59. I never really wonder whether I'll be a good mom.
--There is no wondering; you will be a wonderful mother.

Alison
75. People don't forget me...
--absolutely true
...I choose to believe it is because of the hair, but I'm probably fooling myself.
--and it's not the hair
84. In high school I was on the flag corp.
--I really miss those days. "Dippity do" anyone?
90. I am going to be a rocker in heaven and I'm going to be good.
--I'll be in the front row, but I want to be on the comp list; I don't know if I'll have much $$ up there.
93. I played Volleyball in Middle School. I was not good at it.
--weren't you the statistician? :o)
99. My favorite show is Amazing Race. I wish Garet and I could be on there!
--ok, you/Garet, Wallace/Dee, and Minal/I need to sign up. We could have a secret alliance...up until the final three, of course.

shanti,
mjh

7 comments:

Alison said...

OK. So, I'm feeling a little slighted here! :)

Wallace said...

True.... you were forgotten... ;)


Maybe he will post your comments in their own special post!

Unknown said...

I promise that I did not forget Alison. I actually started hers but then had some work stuff that popped up. As was my original intention, I am appending the post to include...what was she, Wallace; a spatula? And don't deny that we assigned them kitchen utensils. You look so innocent, but I know...

Alison said...

Just for the record, I was on the team in 7th grade. I can't remember if I didn't want to play or didn't make the team in 8th grade, but that year I was the statistician! Fun stuff.

Wallace said...

LOL! I really don't remember kitchen utensils!

But thinking about that made me remember James saying *** is 'hot pink'. Good times

Anonymous said...

Anthrax
Black Sabbath
Corrosion of Conformity
Dio
Enuff Z' Nuff
Flotsom and Jetsom
GWAR
Hanoi Rocks
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
King Diamond
Little Caesar
Motorhead
Nevermore
Otep
Poison
Queensryche
Ratt
Skid Row
Twisted Sister
Ugly Kid Joe
Venom
White Zombie
XYX
Y&T
Zebra

There ya go :)

Unknown said...

that's too cool! Thanks, Don. Even in your folky-singer-songwriter clothes, you're still the #1 rock god!